What to do with Ben to Table Box 1: Spain-ish delicacies + Essentials Box 1
Each month, the Ben to Table Box is a collection of the best I have to offer at Ben to Table (hence the name!). It'll be a combination of both that month's Essentials Box and that month's Delicacies Box. I'm so grateful to the Ben to Table box customers who've already bought a box, and so excited to welcome future folks into the mix.
Rather than rehash everything I've written elsewhere into a single, gonzo, post, I'll instead use the Ben to Table post as a central place from which to link the relevant posts for a given month.
With that said, in your Ben to Table Box this month, you should have received:
- Alubia Blanca beans from Rancho Gordo
- Scarlet Runner beans from Rancho Gordo
- Jimmy Red Grits from Geechie Boy Mill
- Farro Piccolo from Geechie Boy Mill
- Torchiette pasta from Community Grains
- Harissa paste from Entube
- Piparras, from the Basque country, which are basically the best banana peppers you've ever had
- Ali i oli (a classic Catalan spread of oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt), which is Spain's answer to fancy mayo
- Pimentón picante (spicy smoked paprika)
- Harissa spread from Villa Jerada
- A chocolate bar from Barcelona-based premium chocolate company, Blanxart
- A can of navajas (razor clams) from the Galician coast
- Romesco, Spanish pesto made from tomato and nuts
- Pimentón dulce (mild smoked paprika)
The posts to check out are:
What to do with: Your First Essentials Box
What to do with: Spain-ish Delicacies Box
Have a blast cooking and experimenting with everything! And please share what you learn in the comments or by tagging @ben2table on Facebook or Instagram.
Add a comment